Wednesday, July 20, 2011

On Your Mark.....Get Set......


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

Denise Curry had this on Facebook today. I needed to be reminded of it!

To put things in context, we leave for coaching school Sunday, followed by the sound of the starter's pistol for the race that is football season. It is a long distance race decided not only by talent and good coaching, but also by stamina, heart, and toughness.

My family and I, but mostly my dad, may be entering simultaneously another distance race with prostate cancer. My dad tackled major surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy over the last eight years, and did well. Today, the test showed a PSA of 7, up from almost nothing six months ago. He has an amazing doctor in Houston who loves my parents almost as much as they love him. God is good.

Please pray for my dad and our family. I keep thinking, "To live is Christ..."

(In this picture, my mom and dad are on the left.)

No comments:

Post a Comment