Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mom and Her Two Babies

Yesterday, we saw a mule deer and her two little baby fawns down near the river in Pagosa Springs, Co. Today, on the way home from a hike, we saw a momma turkey and her two baby chicks. So, so sweet.

This is significant and appropriate because I am in Pagosa Springs with my two youngest sons. Last Monday, I was planning to attend the State 7 on 7 tournament in College Station, TX, with my oldest son, but my arrangements fell through. I was sad, but resigned to stay home with my husband and other sons.

Then, my husband discovered he had two days of in-service this week, bus driving and CPR, and it is his week to work the weight room every evening. I said to him, "Okay, it's good you're getting it done." He then dropped a bombshell.

My husband said, "Why don't you go to Pagosa Springs with your parents?"

I was shocked and thrilled by his suggestion. Drive 8 1/2 hours by myself with Derek and Dwight across one state into another? What about money? That was the reason we had planned not to go anyway. Why am I questioning? YES! Yes! Yes.

So, the next morning, Derek, Dwight, and I got in the car and drove to Pagosa Springs, CO to spend the week with my sister and her husband and son, my parents, and two sets of aunts and uncles. The week has been respite, rejuvenating, inspiring, and all the other things a week in the mountains is supposed to be.

Thank you Football Coach Honey, for encouraging me to go! I've already got new recipes you'll love and just the slightest credit card bill.

I'm not the only mom who is enjoying the weather with her two babies. The mule deer and turkey are doing just fine as well.




1 comment:

  1. Yea for Chad! And aren't you blessed that you are in cool Colorado instead of 100*+ at Kyle Field? I'm so excited to follow your blog and reconnect on Facebook. You go Girl!
    FROG...Fully Rely On God!

    ReplyDelete