Saturday, September 17, 2011

Seminole vs. Snyder, Game 4

I'm not sure what to say.  I've been battling my thoughts all day, trying to take captive every thought for Christ.  I love how The Message explains it.  I copied this from biblegateway.com.  

2 Corinthians 10:5

The Message (MSG)

 3-6The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.

It was one of those games I came away from angry, shocked, sad, disappointed... I was so proud of our team.  I've watched God work since July, raising spiritual leaders among the team, seeing players become a team of brothers allowing God to work.  They are still 16-18 year old boys.  They aren't perfect, but I'm proud of the commitment they have made to honor God as a team.

Next week we will have at least 3 of our players back after healing from injuries.  That will allow those that have taken their places to return to their original positions.  I believe football teaches these teenage guys how to be men; how to handle life's hardships and unfairness.  I pray for the Indian football team to walk heads up into practice Monday ready to prepare for the next battle, ready to keep on glorifying God.

One last thing, I want to lift up Mr. Singleton's family.  I looked up from my seat to see a wreath of red roses where he in his wheelchair is usually stationed, cheering on Taylor, #11, and the Indians.  He also had a special spot in the Indian gym.  Thanks, grandparents for encouraging your athletes and loving them. I know my kids love their grandparents dearly.  My boys' lives are richer and wiser because of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment