Monday, August 1, 2011

Night Before the First Day of Football Season

Last night at 10:00, I lay as still as I could listening for the deep, steady breathing that signals  my husband has fallen off to sleep.  It was stressful.  He had to be at the field house at 5:30.  He was trying not to think about who wouldn't show up, who wouldn't understand the new offensive schemes, etc, etc, etc.  


He is a high maintenance sleeper.  Sometimes he has a hard time getting to sleep.  Sometimes staying asleep, sometimes waking up too early.  If he falls asleep and I come to bed and wake him up accidentally, he can't get back to sleep....it goes on and on.  But I will not be one of those couples that sleeps in different rooms!  :)


So, last night I lay very still, not sleepy at all, and waited for him to drift off.  One of many such nights I have to look forward to over the next 4-5 months.  I wouldn't have it any other way!


For those that care, we had 99 come for the first day.  A few are not back from baseball, work, etc.  It was a good first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment