Monday, August 15, 2011

The Very Best News

Sunday morning in the parking lot before church, Dwight prayed asking Jesus to come into his heart!  Woo Hoo!!  Pride, excitement, relief.  


He has been talking about it on and off for a couple of months.  At the end of several services when the pastor has offered the altar for prayer or decisions, he has wanted to pray, so we did, but he was still "thinking about Jesus coming into his heart" so we prayed about other things and people.


Chad and I felt lead to ask Dwight if he wanted to talk about it Sunday before church, and he did.  It was so awesome seeing Chad explain to him, using our sliding bathroom door,  how sin stands between us and God.  God knocks on the door of our hearts, like Revelations 3:20 says, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."


We get to decide whether to answer Him with a yes or a no.  When we say yes, Jesus opens the door, because He took all our sins to the cross with Him.


When we walked into church, Jase, the youth and children's minister was near.  Dwight went right up to him and said, "Jase, I asked Jesus to come into my heart!"  Dwight was so excited!  And so are we.


Accepting Christ means beginning a relationship with God here on Earth and growing closer and closer until it's time for us to join Him in Heaven for eternity.  Looking forward to that time helps life to stay in perspective.


My dad had the testing done for his prostate cancer August 1st.  His lymph nodes were clear, but there were a few spots on his bones.  His doctor in Houston prescribed nine months of chemo which he would take in Abilene.


It turns out, both of the chemo medicines are unavailable in Abilene due to a shortage in manufacturing.  So, my parents are planning a temporary move to Houston in the next week.  What is scary is that these chemo meds are the most successful, and they are not being prescribed where they are unavailable....but that's an issue of God's will. 


I am so grateful for Dwight's decision to follow Christ.  I am deeply thankful that my parents have a close relationship with God, and He WILL be with them every step of the coming nine months.  God is good all the time! 



2 comments:

  1. How wonderful!!! Now your family is truly complete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS the very best news!

    ReplyDelete